Wednesday, January 28, 2015

2 Resource Posts


I found this resource helpful because of the examples he provides throughout the video. He begins with a simple definition of center of mass and goes on to give an example that everyone understands and then goes on to explain other examples of where the center of mass on different objects would be. This video also helped me fully understand an object that has a center of mass that doesn't touch the object. The boomerang will have a center of mass and axis of rotation in the center, and will not touch the boomerang. 


This resource was helpful because of its use of diagrams. Each diagram was an explanation of torque and they allowed a person to visualize the ideas literally or conceptually. Regardless of the type of learner you are, you could easily learn torque. 

1 comment:

  1. These two resources are both really great. I especially liked the first one because I was also confused about what Center of Mass was. The second resources is also helpful in understanding torques. I'm glad that it appeals to all types of learners. I also liked that your explanation of the resource also included an example.

    ReplyDelete